About Legalign Global
Legalign Global™ is a premier international alliance of the following five separate and independent insurance law firms (each a “Member Firm” or together (howsoever constituted) the “Member Firms”) that are licensed to use the Legalign Global trademark:
• Alexander Holburn Beaudin + Lang LLP – www.ahbl.ca/
• BLD Bach Langheid Dallmayr Rechtsanwälte Partnerschaftsgesellschaft mbB – For more information about BLD Bach Langheid Dallmayr, please visit www.BLD.eu
• DAC Beachcroft – For more information about DAC Beachcroft, please visit www.dacbeachcroft.com
• Wilson Elser – For more information about Wilson Elser, please visit www.wilsonelser.com
• Wotton & Kearney – For more information about Wotton & Kearney, please visit www.wottonkearney.com.au
The Member Firms are not members of one international partnership or otherwise legal partners with each other. There is no common ownership among the firms and each Member Firm governs itself.
What services does Legalign Global provide and will it process my personal data?
Services are delivered individually and independently by each Member Firm. As such, Legalign Global does not, in itself, provide any service(s).
In addition, Legalign Global does not, in itself, process any form of personal data. Instead, each Member Firm, may process personal data in its own capacity acting as a separate data controller in its own right for the purposes specified below.
Whilst Legalign does not provide legal services in its own right, each Member Firm is able to refer a client and/or client legal matter(s) to another Member Firm so that the recipient Member Firm provides its respective legal services to that client within the jurisdiction that the recipient Member Firm operates within. Information (which may include personal data) may be shared between Member Firms in order to:
• make that client / client legal matter referral from the referring Member Firm to the recipient Member Firm; and
• where necessary, facilitate ongoing collaboration (e.g. to ensure consistency) between Member Firms who are instructed to act for a mutual client on cross-jurisdictional legal matters.
Direct marketing services
Whilst each Member Firm may liaise with each other to create Legalign Global direct marketing literature content, any direct marketing literature content will only be sent by a Member Firm to its own direct marketing list.
Each Member Firm may liaise with each other to create, deliver and present Legalign Global training sessions or courses to mutual clients.
DAC Beachcroft manages and controls the Legalign Global website.
The Legalign Global website may process cookies (please refer to the Cookies Policy for more information about cookies generally, what cookies (if any) are used and how such cookies may process your personal data).
Notwithstanding the above, the Legalign Global website does use Matomo, a built-in strictly necessary website analytics system. Matomo has been configured to automatically anonymise any visitor IP address (to 2 bytes) and such anonymised data is only present for audience measurement and evaluation of the website performance and not for any other purpose. Such anonymised data is automatically deleted after 180 days. Should you not wish for even an anonymised IP address to be collected and used for a temporary time, you may opt-out from such data collection by opting out using the checkbox below.
You may choose to prevent this website from aggregating and analyzing the actions you take here. Doing so will protect your privacy, but will also prevent the owner from learning from your actions and creating a better experience for you and other users.
How will each Member Firm process my personal data?
• Alexander Holburn Beaudin + Lang LLP – https://www.ahbl.ca/privacy/
• BLD Bach Langheid Dallmayr Rechtsanwälte Partnerschaftsgesellschaft mbB – https://bld.eu/Data_Protection.html
• DAC Beachcroft – https://www.dacbeachcroft.com/en/gb/about/privacy-policy/
• Wilson Elser – https://www.wilsonelser.com/terms_of_use/privacy_policy
• Wotton & Kearney – https://www.wottonkearney.com.au/privacy/
Where can I get further information?
If you have any questions about this Policy, please contact us by email on [email protected] or by post to:
Data Protection Enquiry Team
St Paul’s House
23 Park Square South
Alternatively, if you wish to exercise a data subject right, please send your request to the relevant Member Firm applicable (using the hyperlinks listed above).
Last updated: June 2021